A question on includes

Thread: A question on includes

John Kandah Guest

Default A question on includes

I am receiveing the following error: <BR>Active Server Pages error &#039ASP 0126&#039 <BR>Include file not found <BR>/bessentials/bizstat/cgi-bin/packages.asp, line 10 <BR>The include file &#039include/css.txt&#039 was not found.<BR>I have put my asp page, packages.asp, in my cgi-bin directory. My include file, css.txt, is in another directory called include. The syntax that I am using in my asp page to call the include file is: <BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- Cascading Style sheets --&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file="include/css.txt"--&#062;.<BR>Can anyone give me any advice on how to solve this problem?<BR>Thanks,<BR>John <BR>

steve magara Guest

Default RE: A question on includes

Is the include directory a subdirectory of cgi-bin? The path must be relative to the file doing the including. You could try using a virtual include:<BR><BR>&#060;!--#Include Virtual="include/css.txt"--&#062;<BR><BR>You might also consider a link tag for style sheets. The included file should not contain &#060;style&#062; tags in this case, just the styles.<BR><BR>&#060;LINK href="include/css.txt" media=screen rel=StyleSheet type=text/css&#062;<BR><BR>Hope it helps.

John Kandah Guest

Default RE: A question on includes

Steve,<BR>Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I created a subdirectory under cgi-bin, but now all of my images that are in my images directory, which are referenced in my include files, do not appear on the page. Should I also move these files into another subdirectory of cgi-bin?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John