Viewing & Printing Access Reports From ASP

Thread: Viewing & Printing Access Reports From ASP

Raj SHrestha Guest

Default Viewing & Printing Access Reports From ASP

I was trying to implement one of the articles from this website - Viewing and Printing Access Reports with ASP. Everything works upto the point except outputting the report in *.snp format.<BR>When executing this portion of the code:<BR>With objAccess.Docmd<BR> .openReport strReportName, AcViewPreview<BR> .OutputTo acOutputReport,,"Snapshot Format",Server.MapPath(".") & "snapfiles\" & strNamFilename<BR> .Close<BR>End with<BR><BR>....I get the following error:<BR><BR>"MSAccess error &#039 800a08ea&#039 <BR>The formats that enable you to output data as a Microsoft Excel, rich-text format, MS-DOS text, or HTML file are missing from the Windows Registry.@Run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Access or, if you&#039re familiar with the settings in the Registry, try to correct them yourself. For more information on the Registry, click Help.@@2@109015@1 "<BR><BR>Does anyone have any idea how to make this work???<BR><BR>Any suggestion will be much appreciated thanks.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: Viewing & Printing Access Reports From ASP

I&#039m getting the exact same error.<BR> A search from Microsoft&#039s KB says the cause is "You did not specify a file name in the Output File argument of the OutputTo action or method. If you enter just a path and do not include a file name, you may receive this error". I cannot find any other docs on this error, and I know my output file argument is OK