DLL works When called from VB but error on Web.

Thread: DLL works When called from VB but error on Web.

Thesync Guest

Default DLL works When called from VB but error on Web.

I have written a DLL that parses a text file and then returns the results after it is finished. This DLL has a Public funtion in it that accepts 2 parameters. 1 the file to be parsed and 2 the connection string to a SQL server so it can compare the file to the database. I wrote and compiled the DLL then decided to test it in VB first so I created a new standard exe and loaded the dll as a reference. Then i created a label and a cmd button on my form to initiate the process and then populate the label with the results from the dll. then i wrote the code for the button so it will create an instance of the dll and send it the file and the connstring and then return the results in the label. well this worked fine. Then when i got to the web and register it in MTS then try to do the same on the asp page it gives me back Type Mismatch error. The strings im sending the dll function are identical to the ones i did in the vb exe.. i have even tried cstr() on the string when i send them... any ideas on what is happening? I have tried this dll on NT 4 server with IIS 4 and also on win2k adv server with IIS 5. Any help is appreciated..<BR><BR>I just curious as to why the type mismatch error doesn&#039t show up in vb when i call the dll..<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>Thesync<BR>

Default RE: DLL works When called from VB but error on Web

You might want to try ByVal in the dll.