server.createobject and javascript

Thread: server.createobject and javascript

Georgina Guest

Default server.createobject and javascript

Hi,<BR><BR>I have been looking at "Paradox&#039s" info on VBScript to Javascript translations and I am having some problems connecting to my database. I am getting the "Javascript error Server is not defined." This makes me think I have not written the code correctly, but it all looks fine to me.<BR><BR>Any Suggestions, Thanks Georgina.<BR><BR>Code follows ....<BR>var DSNStr= "DSN=Corporate;UID=499man;PWD=499man;DATABASE=499M an"<BR>var connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");<BR>connec tion.Open(DSNStr);<BR>var record= Server.CreateObject("ADOBD.Recordset"); <BR>var sqlSelect = "select Organisation, PostalAddress, StreetAddress, Suburb, City, Country, Phone, Fax, Mobile, Email from Sponsor where organisation = org";<BR>record.open(sqlselect,connection);

Hema S Guest

Default RE: server.createobject and javascript

Is it a problem connecting to your database or executing your sql statement(put in single quotes &#039&#039 when you are comparing strings : Sponsor where organisation = &#039org&#039) ..Do post the error & the line it occurs.

Hema S Guest

Is it a problem connecting to your database or executing your sql statement(put in single quotes &#039&#039 when you are comparing strings : where organisation = &#039org&#039) ..Do post the error & the line it occurs.

Georgina Guest

The javascript error is <BR>"Server is not defined. " <BR>in the following line<BR>var connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection");<BR><BR>It seems to me that the problem lies with not being able to get a connection.<BR><BR>