object expected error message

Thread: object expected error message

Default object expected error message

I&#039m trying to create a variable to reference in an html &#060;ahref:mailto&#062; tag. But the simple code gives me an object expected error on the first line??? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!!<BR>While(!Recordset1.EOF)<BR>{<BR> strGroup = strGroup + ";" + Recordset1("EmailName");<BR>Recordset1.MoveNext;<B R>strgroup = mid(strgroup,2);<BR>}<BR>Recordset1.moveFirst;<BR>

Hema S Guest

Default RE: object expected error message

Please post the error message & the line where ur getting this.

i figured that out. Now i have a bigger problem!<BR>I created a variable in a javscript function on the same asp page. The page is coded in VBscript. However I need to use the javscript variable to send an email! I would like to call that variable inside &#060;a href="mailto: variable&#062;! is this possible? I know i have to call it inside the function but how do i write this html to the screen with the variable???

I had a similar issue a while back that I decided to just work around. I don&#039t know whether it works with all browsers, etc. but I changed the href to: &#060;a href="javaScript:goEmail()"&#062; and then had a function goEmail() that sets the location.href property. kind of weird but it worked in my case.<BR>for example<BR>&#060;script language=JavaScript&#062;<BR>var foo = "foo@bar.com";<BR>function goEmail() {<BR> location.href = "mailto:"+foo;<BR>}<BR><BR>or something like that anyway...