URGENT! Site Search Engine Code Needed

Thread: URGENT! Site Search Engine Code Needed

Default URGENT! Site Search Engine Code Needed

Hello. I would just like to build a search engine that can search an archive that I have put together. I already have ID numbers and the page-through recordsets but I need to have the ability to search for the correct article. Please help me!!! This deals with a database and I don&#039t want to search for files. Just the names of the articles. Like for instance someone searches for "Weapon Modifications", it displays a page with all articles that have "Weapon Modifications" in them, much like Microsoft&#039s search engine. Please Help!<BR>Thank you,<BR>Robert Bryant<BR><BR>PS: My email address is prisdavis@hotmail.com.

Default RE: URGENT! Site Search Engine Code Needed

have a form w/ a text field called "search"...this is your asp code for the process page:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>search=replace(request.for m("search"),"&#039","&#039&#039")<BR>&#039**connec t to db***<BR>sql="select * from tablename where ((field like &#039" & search & "&#039))"<BR>set rs=conn.execute(sql)<BR>do while not rs.eof<BR>myfield=rs("field")<BR>response.write field<BR>rs.movenext<BR>loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>hop efully you can sort through this, if not, i can help, but seeing your experience, this should help!!