ASP Page Breaks

Thread: ASP Page Breaks

Arrigo Ferri Guest

Default ASP Page Breaks

How can i force ASP Pages to break and start on a new page when sent to print. I have tried the vbFormFeed option including writing Chr(12), but have been unssuccessfull this far. I guess what i am looking for is to write out a chr which will be recognised by the printer to envoke a page break.

Steve Cimino Guest

Default Needs to be an FAQ<BR><BR>Check out that link... here&#039s the text<BR><BR>page-break-after Attribute &#124 pageBreakAfter Property<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Sets or retrieves whether a page break occurs after the object. <BR><BR>Syntax<BR><BR>HTML { page-break-after : sBreak } <BR>Scripting [ = sBreak ] <BR><BR>Possible Values<BR><BR>sBreak String that specifies or receives one of the following values:always Always insert a page break after the object. <BR>auto Default. Neither force nor forbid a page break after the object. <BR>empty string Do not insert a page break. <BR> <BR><BR>The property is read/write for all objects with the following exception: currentStyle. The property has a default value of auto. The cascading style sheets (CSS) attribute is not inherited. <BR><BR>Expressions can be used in place of the preceding value(s), as of Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5. For more information, see Dynamic Properties.<BR><BR>Remarks<BR><BR>This property applies when printing the document. This property does not apply to the BR or HR elements. <BR><BR>If there are conflicts between this property and the pageBreakBefore value on the object previously displayed in the browser, the value that results in the largest number of page breaks is used.<BR><BR>Page breaks are not permitted inside positioned objects.<BR><BR>Examples<BR><BR>The following examples use the page-break-after attribute and the pageBreakAfter property to start printing on a new page.<BR>This example uses the P element as a selector in an embedded style sheet to break the page at the end of all paragraphs.<BR><BR>&#060;STYLE&#062;<BR> P { page-break-after: always }<BR>&#060;/STYLE&#062;<BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062; <BR>&#060;P&#062;<BR>:<BR>&#060;/P&#062;<BR>Show Me<BR>This example uses a call to a function to turn off the page break after the object that has an id value of idParagraph.<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT&#062;<BR>function offBreak()<BR>{<BR>"";<BR>}<BR>&#060 ;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;BUTTON onClick="offBreak()"&#062;Turn off break&#060;/BUTTON&#062;<BR>Show Me<BR>Standards Information<BR><BR>This property is defined in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Level 2 (CSS2) . <BR><BR>Applies To<BR><BR>[ Object Name ] <BR>Platform Version <BR>Win16: <BR>Win32: <BR>WinCE: <BR>Unix: <BR>Mac: <BR>Version data is listed when the mouse hovers over a link, or the link has focus. <BR> BLOCKQUOTE, body, BUTTON, CAPTION, CENTER, currentStyle, DD, DIR, DIV, DL, DT, FIELDSET, FORM, Hn, ISINDEX, LI, LISTING, MARQUEE, MENU, OL, P, PLAINTEXT, PRE, runtimeStyle, style, TABLE, TBODY, TFOOT, TH, THEAD, TR, UL, XMP <BR>Move the mouse cursor over an element in the Applies To list to display availability information for the listed platforms. Internet Explorer does not expose this member on platforms that are not listed. <BR><BR><BR>