Client Side maybe?

Thread: Client Side maybe?

Default Client Side maybe?

I have a transfer page that allows users to transfer money between accounts. They can either choose a template for the transfer i.e where all the values and accounts are already set up or create their own transfer by specifying their own values.<BR><BR>My problem is that I have a drop down list which the user chooses a template from. On click of this drop down list populates all the values according to the template. The templates are all created and stored on a SQLSERVER database. I want to have a selection in the drop down list that says &#060;None&#062; and is the default (selected) option. However, I cannot set up a template in the database for &#060;None&#062; as the database being used can change. So I need to be able to set up &#060;None&#062; on the client side and make the values of all the fields default to certain values. I have no idea as to how to go about this. Can anyone help me, or at least point me in the right direction.<BR><BR>Hope that makes sense...<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Sarah.

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Client Side maybe?

Populate the list as you normally do right after the NONE statement...<BR><BR>&#060;SELECT NAME=&#039Hello&#039&#062;<BR>&#060;OPTION VALUE=&#039none&#039&#062;NONE&#060;/OPTION&#062;<BR>&#060;%Do Until rs.EOF<BR>Response.Write "&#060;OPTION VALUE=&#039" & rs(number) & "&#062;" & rs(name) & "&#060;/OPTION&#062;"<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop%&#062;<BR>&#0 60;/SELECT&#062;<BR><BR>Then, just do a javascript validation that the user cannot pick none, since that value may upset your database when you try and place it back in there.