error 'ASP 0115'

Thread: error 'ASP 0115'

Matiur Rahman Guest

Default error 'ASP 0115'

Anybody familiar with this error? I am using ASP on NT wotstation with PWS(ASP uses ADO to connect an Oracle Database). After this error I can&#039t view any other pages which were viewable before this error was generated.<BR>&#060;---<BR>error &#039ASP 0115&#039 <BR>Unexpected error <BR><BR>/HUB2K_ORA/Matrix/MatrixRecircs.asp <BR><BR>A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. <BR> --&#062;<BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: error 'ASP 0115'

After this error you have to restart your web server<BR><BR>can happen if an unghandled error has occuren in some component of yours.<BR><BR>sometimes (i have got it a couple of times) when you have something like this in your html tags<BR><BR>&#060;input type=text value=&#060;%VariableName%&#062;....notice the = is missing

Default RE: error 'ASP 0115'

What is your asp page trying to do to get this error?

Matiur Rahman Guest

Default RE: Format of Date was not correct

Thanks for you reply.<BR><BR>I was intentionaly creating an error to check whether error handling was working correctly. I was trying to query an Oracle database.<BR><BR>In my SQL(Where Calsue) I was using SomeDate=&#039 11/15/00&#039<BR>But in the Database it is SomeDate=&#039 11/15/00 5:16:39 AM&#039<BR><BR>I was expecting an error. But the err.Number was showing "0". <BR>Since there was no error, the ASP was trying to read some value from the recordset, when the ASP Script error was occurred.<BR><BR>Anyway, after rebooting my machine and correcting the format it is working fine now. Thanks.

Matiur Rahman Guest

Default RE: Thanks for your suggestion

It is working fine now. But I could not recreate the scenario again. Is there any other way to check for error beside err.Number&#060;&#062;0 ?