Combo box...

Thread: Combo box...

Default Combo box...

My question is that I have a combo box in an ASP page. From this ASP page, I would like to popup another page and ask user to enter a text. After entering the text and close the popup page, can I insert the text into the combo box immediately without refreshing the whole page? <BR><BR>Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ghreddy Guest

Default RE: Combo box...

yes ..U can do it..but bit tricky..using javascript open a new window from<BR>parent page just like<BR><BR>function newwindow(){<BR>"Intermediate.asp", "Intermediate", "height=25,width=25,screnx=200,screeny=200,left=20 0,top=200");<BR>}<BR><BR>__________<BR>In the new small window (ie. your new ASP page)<BR>Take the value entered by the user into some variale<BR>and using serverside script , generate javascript just like<BR><BR> Response.Write "&#060;script language=javascript&#062;"<BR> Response.Write "{"<BR> Response.Write "parent.opener.successful(&#039a&#039);"<BR> Response.Write "window.close();"<BR> Response.Write "}"<BR> Response.Write "&#060;/script&#062;"<BR><BR>here "successful" is the funtion that you are going to invoke when closing that new window..and pass your variable as a argument to that function.<BR><BR>__________<BR>again in the parent page write a client side function with name Successful.<BR>Through that function, add that variable to your combo box.<BR>Best of luck.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>GHreddy<BR>reddygh@yahoo. com

Linda Pyrc Guest

Default RE: Combo box...

In the ASP that allows for the entry of text...<BR> EnteredText = Request.Form("Textfield")<BR><BR> Response.Write "&#060;SCRIPT language=&#039javascript1.2&#039&#062;&#060;!--" & vbcrlf<BR> Response.Write "window.opener.document.MyForm.ComboBox.value = &#039" & EnteredText & "&#039;" & vbcrlf<BR> Response.Write "window.close();" & vbcrlf<BR> Response.Write "//--&#062;&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;" & vbcrlf<BR><BR>Hope this makes sense<BR>