ASP Mail question

Thread: ASP Mail question

Sam Bain Guest

Default ASP Mail question

I&#039m tryong to use this sendmail.asp file and all works fine exept I cant get the message test to go onto a new line.<BR><BR>How do I do this?<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Sam<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>For Each x In Request.Form<BR> message=message & x & ": " & Request.Form(x) & CHR(10)<BR>Next<BR><BR>set smtp = Server.CreateObject("Shoot.SMTP")<BR>&#039 You only need to change the smtp.Rcpt ans smpt.from part to your email address<BR>smtp.Server = "mail.server"<BR>smtp.Rcpt = Request.Form("email")<BR>smtp.From = "name"<BR>smtp.FromName = "name"<BR>smtp.Subject = "Subject"<BR>smtp.Message = "Line 1 how to get a new line?"<BR>on error resume next<BR>smtp.Send<BR>if err then<BR> response.Write err.Description <BR>else<BR> response.redirect ("home.asp")<BR>end if<BR>set smtp = Nothing<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: ASP Mail question

try response.write "string string" & vbnewline<BR>

if I understood you correctly, you can use the constant vbCrLf to force a new line in the body of the email. Eg :<BR><BR>& vbCrLf &

Sam Bain Guest

Default Thanks Guys!

That did the trick<BR>

janix Guest

Try putting a Chr(10) in their.<BR><BR>= "This will go to another line " & Chr(10)<BR>= "see."<BR>