80004005 Record is too large error - anyone seen t

Thread: 80004005 Record is too large error - anyone seen t

Philip Buckley Guest

Default 80004005 Record is too large error - anyone seen t

Hi there <BR><BR>I would really appreciate some help on the following problem: <BR><BR>I have written a large application form in asp which has 13 &#039pages&#039 - it&#039s the same asp, but each time you fill in a &#039page&#039, the fields update in the database and the next set of questions arises. <BR><BR>Now, on some &#039pages&#039 there are quite a lot of fields - 48 small text fields on one page. If an applicant fills in all of them, we get this peculiar error &#039 80004005 - Record is too large.&#039 <BR><BR>However, this only happens on the live server - on my hard disc (win 98 with pws) you can put in lots of text in every field and there is no problem. <BR><BR>There&#039s an access database on the other end but there is no possibility of trying to put too much data in to a particular field - the inputs have maxlengths on them. <BR><BR>Any ideas? I&#039m a bit hamstrung by not being able to test it on my home pc; plus I have scoured the net and can&#039t find this problem elsewhere. I was wondering if certain webservers (I think they are running IIS on NT4) might have a limit on the size of the record set going into access. Ring any bells? Is there any way I can tweak this? <BR><BR>Any assistance greatly appreciated; thanks a lot <BR><BR>Phil Buckley <BR><BR>FYI, the updating code I am using is: <BR><BR>Sub Save(page) <BR><BR>Dim objRec<BR>Dim objConn <BR>Dim thisid <BR>Dim key <BR>Dim sql <BR><BR>&#039 First check user doesn&#039t already exist <BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>objConn.Open ConnectString, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockOptimistic <BR><BR>&#039 Update all the relevant fields <BR><BR>sql = "UPDATE ApplicantData SET " for each key in Request.Form If ucase(key)&#060;&#062;"ACPAGE" AND ucase(key)&#060;&#062;"ACFUNCTION" And ucase(key)&#060;&#062;"ID" Then <BR><BR>sql = sql & key & "=&#039" & Replace(Request.Form(key),"&#039","&#039&#039") & "&#039," <BR><BR>End If <BR><BR>Next <BR><BR>sql = Left(sql,len(sql)-1) & " WHERE ID=" & thisID <BR><BR>objConn.Execute sql <BR><BR>objConn.Close <BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR>End Sub <BR><BR>

Default RE: 80004005 Record is too large error - anyone se

We had a similiar error once. Perhaps this will work for you.<BR><BR>Talk with your server tech support and have them go into the ODBC Data source control and set the buffer on that DSN higher. I think the default is 1024. You may have them set it to 2048 or even 3072.<BR><BR>Hope that helps.

Philip Buckley Guest

Default Thanks

I think that must be it - PWS&#039s default is set to 2048, so no problems for me, but problems for them. Thanks very much indeed<BR><BR><BR>phil