I have an Access query that won&#039t work within case select in ASP code! I have saved this query in the Access database under qryUpdate. The error message is "Invalid SQL Statement; Expected &#039DELETE&#039,&#039INSERT&#039..." I Dim and Set Connection and RecordSets outside the case select, then in the case select body, I try to execute the query through objRS.Open strQuery, objConn.<BR><BR>The funny thing is, in my first case, which uses a SELECT type query, the query works.<BR><BR>Dim objConn, objRS<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DSN=myDSN"<BR>objConn.Open<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Dim strQuery<BR><BR>select case strChoice<BR> case "choiceA"<BR> &#039qrySelect in the db is: SELECT * from Employees<BR> strQuery = "qrySelect"<BR> objRS.Open strSQL, objConn<BR> &#039 stuff to deal with RecordSet<BR> objRS.Close<BR><BR> case "choiceB"<BR> &#039qryUpdate in the DB is UPDATE Employees SET status=&#039Active&#039 where available=&#039Y&#039<BR> <BR> strQuery = "qryUpdate"<BR> objRS.Open strSQL, objConn<BR> objRS.Close<BR>end select<BR>&#039 clean up objRS and objConn<BR><BR>I can do this query outside the select case and it works fine. Any ideas???????<BR>