Window.close Problem

Thread: Window.close Problem

Toko Guest

Default Window.close Problem

I have a couple of problems which are minor once but I can&#039t figure out.<BR><BR>On my page I have &#060;a href="touchpoint.asp" target="_blank"&#062;<BR><BR>whixh takes me to a new page. This new page has a close button which has following code:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="javascript:window.close();"&#062;&#060;img src="close.gif" /&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>Now here are my problems:<BR><BR>1. In Netscape, new window comes as maximumized which is undesirable.<BR><BR>2. When I hit the close button in IE it gives me a warning saying that "The page you are viewing is trying to close the window". Doesn&#039t happen in Netscape.<BR><BR>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Default RE: Window.close Problem

you have to specify the parameters for the open window<BR>javascript:openWindow(url, name, features(h,w,)etc<BR><BR>the other thing is just an IE quirk

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Window.close Problem

you can set the height and width with the You can try doing that.<BR><BR>If you open a page in a new window and navigato to other pages you will get that messagebox. If you dont you can close that window with out a problem