Exception Error ' 80020009'

Thread: Exception Error ' 80020009'

Oscar Martinez Guest

Default Exception Error ' 80020009'

Hello,<BR><BR>I recently begun to experiment with ASP and Databases. At this point I am able to add new records to my table and display them.<BR><BR>However, now I am trying to implement a way for deleting a particular record. Your article "Hooray! Adding, Deleting and Updating Records in Database Tables" has been very useful.<BR><BR>When I created my access database, the unique ID was set to use the "Replication ID" (GUID) format.<BR><BR>The problem that I am having is trying to compare this value to the ID selected from deletion.<BR><BR>Currently my code looks like this:<BR><BR>RecordToDelete = CStr(Request.QueryString("ID"))<BR><BR>If Not RecordSet.BOF Then<BR>RecordSet.MoveFirst <BR><BR>Do Until RecordSet.Fields("ID") = RecordToDelete<BR><BR>The error message that I am getting is:<BR><BR>error &#039 80020009&#039 <BR>Exception occurred. <BR><BR>/display.asp, line 60 <BR><BR>Line 60 is the "Do Until RecordSet...."<BR><BR>Can you please provide me with some information on how to solve the problem?<BR><BR>I tried using CInt instead of CStr but then I get the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a000d&#039 <BR><BR>Type mismatch: &#039CInt&#039 <BR><BR>/display.asp, line 51 <BR><BR>Where line 51 is "RecordToDelete = CInt(Request.QueryString("ID"))"<BR><BR>What type of format does the "RecordSet.Fields("ID") " retuned?<BR><BR>Thanks in advanced for your help.<BR><BR>Oscar<BR>

Default Disregard Question

Thanks for taking the time to read the question, but I managed to solve it.