Connection Pooling

Thread: Connection Pooling

Matiur Rahman Guest

Default Connection Pooling

I am using the following connection string to connect to an Oracle database. What other things I need to do in order to take advantage of connection pooling through my ADO.Connection Object?<BR><BR>strCon="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Da ta Source=My_Ora_Server;" & _<BR> &#039"User ID=MySelf;Password=CCXXZZ;"<BR><BR>Note:It seems to me that it is taking too much time to get the connection with the current set up.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help/direction in this regards.

Default RE: Connection Pooling

Oracle should support connection pooling by default.<BR>

Matiur Rahman Guest

Thanks for your reply.<BR>But how do you control MaxPoolSize, InitPoolSize properties through ADO.Connection? I know that you can do that using Oracle Object for OLE (OO4O). But I am using ADO to do all my Data Processing. Is there any Database SQL to do that? or Is it a Database feature?<BR><BR><BR><BR>

ADO is a wrapper to access heterogeneous databases and this is Microsoft technology. I believe the methods youre looking for a specific to Oracle. See if Oracle has a DBase COM component to optimise access from an NT/IIS environment with its databases.

Matiur Rahman Guest

Default RE: Yes, Oracle Has OO4O object

Thanks for your reply.