Data shaping in Access

Thread: Data shaping in Access

Luis G Guest

Default Data shaping in Access

Hello:<BR><BR>I have spent all day trying to get the data shaping code provided by Scott Mitchell at to work with Access 2000 I get the following error on the line where I open my object - "objConn.Open"<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid SQL statement; expected &#039DELETE&#039, &#039INSERT&#039, &#039PROCEDURE&#039, &#039SELECT&#039, or &#039UPDATE&#039.<BR><BR>In another application I get the same error so I think it has to do with how Access handles the query. Here is the code maybe one of you can help.<BR><BR>set rsShow = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsShow.A ctiveConnection = "dsn=FilmPrograms;"<BR>rsShow.Source = "Shape{SELECT FilmID, EnglishTitle, OriginalTitle, Runningtime, YearOfCompletion, Synopsis, FilmURL FROM Films}" + " APPEND(SELECT FirstName, LastName from People} AS People)" + " Relate FilmID TO FilmID" + ")"<BR>rsShow.CursorType = 0<BR>rsShow.CursorLocation = 2<BR>rsShow.LockType = 3<BR>rsShow.Open &#039this is the error line<BR>rsShow_numRows = 0<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help.<BR><BR>Luis G<BR>

Default DSN-less connection

your problem is, you haven&#039t specified the data shape driver - i assume you&#039re using the Access Driver via DSN<BR><BR>you NEED to use the connection string code provided in the article<BR><BR>j

Luis G Guest

Default RE: DSN-less connection

Thanks, that helped