help...PLZ Cannot update. Database or object is re

Thread: help...PLZ Cannot update. Database or object is re

Default help...PLZ Cannot update. Database or object is re

listen guys, my problem, i think is a lack of experience with ASP.<BR>here it is:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>AddUpdateUsager.asp, line 39 <BR><BR>explaination:<BR>i went to see the table properties, it&#039s not readOnly, i have 2 books in the front of me that give me the same ways of openning.<BR><BR>and at home, i delete and update records without no problems(i&#039m on pws), it&#039s when i come on the network here(NT) it does that.<BR><BR>would somebody who already faces that prob tell what it could be PLZ.<BR><BR>the code is:<BR><BR>set rsUsagers = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> rsUsagers.Open "PR_CCD", strConnect, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR> if Request.Form("Delete") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> rsUsagers.Filter = "pein = &#039" & Request.Form("txtNIP") & "&#039"<BR> if not rsUsagers.EOF then <BR> rsUsagers.Delete<BR> rsUsagers.Close<BR> end if<BR> else if Request.Form("Add") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> bNew = True<BR> rsUsagers.AddNew<BR> else if Request.Form("AddUpdate") &#060;&#062; "" then <BR> rsUsagers.Filter = "pein = &#039" & Request.Form("txtNIP") & "&#039"<BR> bNew = False<BR> end if <BR> rsUsagers("pein") = Request.Form("txtNIP")<BR> rsUsagers("surname") = Request.Form("txtNom")<BR>......<BR>......<BR>rsUs agers.update<BR><BR><BR>i also tried the adOpenforwardOnly instead od keyset...<BR><BR>thanks.

Steve Cimino Guest

Default A permissions thing

You need permissions to modify on your NT server. Currently, seems like you have only read access. Have your admin update you to have write access also.