Password Protection - Limiting Concurrent Log-ins

Thread: Password Protection - Limiting Concurrent Log-ins

Steffen Heins Guest

Default Password Protection - Limiting Concurrent Log-ins

Has anyone played with log-in limitations within an application? We have users abuse our wrestling news service by giving out their username and password. We tried limiting by IP Address but IP Address is not always accurate. I want to create an Application Array in the global.asa file and have the Session_OnStart feature write the username to the array and Session_OnEnd feature remove the username. I&#039ve never programmed the global.asa before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: Password Protection - Limiting Concurrent Log-

I think you&#039re on the right track. You may want to keep a maxUser application variable also that is set in the Application_OnStart. You can make a simple function that you include in your login processing page that checks the number of users in the array and compares it against the maxUser variable. If the number in the array is less than the maxUser variable then let the person in else send them to a different page stating that the maximum user count has been reached.

fl1rt@chee.ky Guest

Default RE: Password Protection - Limiting Concurrent Log-

I&#039ll probably have the same problem very soon with my password protection...<BR><BR>I was thinking of setting a flag in the database to say that the user had already logged in. If anyone else tried to log in under the same login details...erm..well..I&#039d crash their browser...because someone has been up to no good. If it&#039s the original owner of the username & password...then he should learn not to hand it out so readily.