Changing printer settings using ASP

Thread: Changing printer settings using ASP

Default Changing printer settings using ASP

I have reports that are generated in a printable format. I would like them to be able to print out in Landscape, but the default print layout is Portrait. Is there any way that I can use APS to change to print layout for a page to be printed. I would prefer not to US MSAccess or Crystal Reports. I want the client to be able to click the Print button in the Browser window. Note - IE specific.<BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Dave

keithadler@hotmail.com Guest

Default RE: Changing printer settings using ASP

I couldn&#039t find any Window properties or Window.Print() parameters that would enable this. The only way I could think of doing that would be to:<BR><BR>1. Create a simple ActiveX control (because this functionality needs to be client-side) that has no visual interface<BR>2. Create a method called SetToPortrait that executes a function in the ActiveX control that determines the default printer, then sets it&#039s orientation to portrait. You could possibly even use the Printer object to do this.<BR><BR>I don&#039t think I&#039m being very helpful, but it&#039s all I could think of.

Keith,<BR><BR>Thanks for the info...

keithadler@hotmail.com Guest

Or you could just create a component the user downloads that does the same sort of thing.<BR><BR>As an ActiveX control or dll is should have access to the settings of it&#039s container (IE/Netscape).<BR><BR>If any better ideas come up please cc me.