MS Access skipping Auto Increment

Thread: MS Access skipping Auto Increment

Michael Clark Guest

Default MS Access skipping Auto Increment

Small scale e-commerce app once in a while skips an auto increment when a customer places an order. Example: Order ID 121,122,123,125,126<BR><BR>I can not figure out why an order number is skipped and no record is written to the database. No customers have reported errors and the follow ups and postings I have made do not generate answers. Any suggestions. (My client is starting to get agitated :^(

Scott Cate Guest

Default RE: MS Access skipping Auto Increment

I think you could test this with 3 diff sessions - simply open the site with 3 NEW browsers.<BR><BR>It would seem that if browser1 is in an order, then browser2 and browser3 follow, if browser1 and browser3 finish then the records were created to temp hold items for 1,2,3 but 2 aborted giving a 1,3 autoincrement.<BR><BR>I would call this a saftey feature in the autoincrement.<BR><BR>Nothing factual here, just my .02

Michael Clark Guest

If the order was written to the temp hold, what could cause an abort when my error trapping does not indicate any errors?

Scott Cate Guest

The user creates an order - then closes the browser.

Michael Clark Guest

Default Generate an Error to test ErrorHandler.ASP example

How can you cause an error when executing an access dbase conn to test error handling example?