What is WRONG!!

Thread: What is WRONG!!

Default What is WRONG!!

When running this page I get this error message:<BR><BR>Disallowed object use <BR><BR>/chatroom/opage.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>Cannot add object with apartment model behavior to the application intrinsic object. <BR><BR>This is the page:<BR><BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>Response.Buffer = true <BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;head&#062 ;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>If trim(Request.Form("name")) = "" Then %&#062;<BR>Welcome<BR>&#060;FORM action="opage.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="text" name="name"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="submit" name="submit"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>else<BR>If not IsObject(Application("users")) Then<BR>Application.Lock<BR>set Application("users") = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")<BR>App lication.UnLock<BR>End If<BR><BR>Session("name") = Request.Form("name")<BR><BR>Application.Lock<BR>Ap plication("users").add Session("name"), time<BR>Application.Unlock<BR>If not IsEmpty(Application("conversation")) Then<BR>Application.Lock<BR>Application("conversat ion") = "&#060;B&#062;&#060;I&#062;" & Session("name") & " Enters The Room&#060;/B&#062;&#060;/I&#062;<BR>"<BR>Application.UnLock<BR>End If<BR><BR>Response.redirect "cafe.asp"<BR>End If<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Can someone help me. Some of the lines of code are wraped because of the length of them.<BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>

Default RE: What is WRONG!!

U must reinstall the scripting.dictionary object. It is quite obvious that it is not installed properly.<BR><BR>Other wise you can create a table with the same structure as your dictionary and read/write data from/to the table instead. I have used this and found to be more efficient than the dictionary object. Also once you have written something to the dictionary object, it will take considerable amount of time to be removed, which is not the case with database tables.<BR><BR>This removal delay will cause you trouble in updating when a chatter has logged off while chatting.