ASP's not working

Thread: ASP's not working

Rodger Guest

Default ASP's not working

I was getting odd error messages from script debugger so reinstalled NT Option Pak then NT SP4. Now any file with .asp doesn&#039t work. Works ok. if I change the extension to .htm, Any ideas why?

ASP_DRUG_DEALER Guest

Default RE: ASP's not working

Which error? Really need to know a little bit more.<BR>If your getting errors when accessing any type of ODBCdata connection, try getting the latest MDAC from MS. If its on any page, reinstall the asp.dll and check permissions. <BR><BR>

Rodger Guest

I have 3 versions of asp.dll is installed. They areversion 1.13.09.0 installed in C:winntsystem32inetsrvasp<BR>4.02.0667.05 installed in C:winntsystem32inetsrv<BR>4.02.0622 installed in C:winnt$NtServicePackUninstall$<BR><BR>Do they need to be installed in a different directory?<BR><BR>Script with an error on line 4: (error is:Object required: Server)<BR>&#060;Script Language="VBScript" Runat="Server"&#062;<BR> Dim objConn, objRS, stSQL, strDSN<BR> strDSN = "dsn=LISDSN;uid=genadmin;pwd=***;"<BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") &#039Error <BR> objConn.Open strDSN<BR>&#060;/server&#062;

ASP_DRUG_DEALER Guest

Hey Rodger,<BR>Dont know If this will help but have a look...<BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q183/0/60.asp<BR><BR>Whats the Error code it throws?<BR>example..&#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>HTH<BR>DRUG_DEALER

Rodger Guest

Thanks for the url, I&#039m searching thru it.<BR>Error code that comes from Script Debuger is: 0, yes zero.<BR>Don&#039t know if this is usefulbut when installing Interdev it thru up a messeage saying Internet Guest account not found. Upon checking it seemed to be setup ok.