Oracle DSN Problems

Thread: Oracle DSN Problems

Default Oracle DSN Problems

just started using an Oracle DB, have been using SQL for quite some time. Problem: connections will not open<BR>Code:<BR>set goconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> goconn.Open "DSN=myDSN;UID=myID;PWD=mypass;"<BR><BR>This returns an error of "connection not open" on the goconn.open line. This worked great with SQL, what should I be doing differently for Oracle?<BR>TIA

Default RE: Oracle DSN Problems

Tia<BR>I use a slight variation on what you do:<BR>DSN=application("yourDSN")<BR>User=applicat ion("Username")<BR>Pword=application("Password")<B R>set goconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> goconn.Open DSN,User,Pword<BR><BR>by setting the DSN, User and Pasword vars at the application level in the global.asa I am able to easily change the values throughout my application. (I log all users into Oracle as the same user)<BR><BR>You might also try<BR>set goconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> goconn.Open "myDSN","myID","mypass"<BR><BR>You also need the Oracle provided drivers to do this<BR>Check out http://www.learnasp.com/asplists/asporaclesetup.asp<BR><BR>hope it works for you<BR>Mike

Default RE: Oracle DSN Problems

Thanks Mike - I&#039m still getting the error but the link to the learnasp site looks promising.<BR>