Stored Proc

Thread: Stored Proc

Default Stored Proc

The following SQL works fine as a View, but not as a stored proc on SQL 7:<BR><BR>CREATE PROCEDURE search <BR>@input char(50)<BR>AS<BR>SELECT V_TITLE.Vid, V_TITLE.Title, V_CATNO.Catno, <BR> V_CATNO.Release, V_CATNO.Dealer, V_CATNO.Special, <BR> V_PLOT.Plot, V_TITLE.Cert, V_TITLE.Year, V_CATNO.Run, <BR> V_CATNO.Language<BR>FROM V_TITLE INNER JOIN<BR> V_CATNO ON V_TITLE.Vid = V_CATNO.Vid LEFT OUTER JOIN<BR> V_PLOT ON V_CATNO.Vid = V_PLOT.Vid where V_Title.Vid=@input<BR><BR>It generates the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E21)<BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done<BR><BR>I am sure the SQL is correct, but when I remove the references to V_Plot table it works fine.<BR><BR>

Remy Guest

Default RE: Stored Proc

Please, if you figure the problem out, let me know, I&#039m having the same problem w/ a search engine I&#039m trying to move over to a stored procedure rather than inline sql statements in my asps.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Remy Guest

Default RE: Got it now...geez

Hey I figured it out...I had been specifying the incorrect data type while appending my parameters in my command object.....make sure you have the correct types and make sure you specify input and/or output correctly.....