Response.Expires Help

Thread: Response.Expires Help

Kuli Guest

Default Response.Expires Help

From reading a book, I understood that if I used:<BR>Response.Expires = 1<BR>The page would expire after 1 minute and if a user revisited the page after this time (e.g. by clicking the &#039back&#039 button) the page would be reloaded rather that displayed from the browsers cache.<BR>This does not seem to be the case, any ideas?

Chrace Guest

Default RE: Response.Expires Help

Wouldn&#039t that be 1/1/1900 + 1 second as expire date?<BR><BR>I think you need to set it as Response.write(FormateDateTime(Now + 1000, 4)) or something.<BR><BR>Test that, can&#039t remember if 4 is long format and if Now uses milliseconds. :)

Kuli Guest

Thanks but you are thinking of the Response.ExpiresAbsolute method.

Chrace Guest

Oups, you&#039re right.<BR><BR> - ASP - Response - Response.Expires:<BR><BR><BR>Sorry, if the docs aren&#039t true anymore I don&#039t know. Browser settings set to always check for new? *scratch*

Default you have it right but...

there are all kinds of problems with this method. You can see a good example at:<BR><BR><BR>Although that talks about "disabling" the BACK button, a lot in there applies to your case also.

Kuli Guest

Default Thanks

Cheers, I&#039ve discovered that Response.Expires doesn&#039t work if the &#039Back&#039 button is used, only if the page is re-accessed another way.

Kuli Guest

Default Just what I was looking for

Thanks, the articles are great!