Redirect problems

Thread: Redirect problems

Default Redirect problems

Please could someone point me in the right direction, I want to redirect visitors to a page based on a name the enter into a text box, this works OK if the page exsists <BR>How could I redirect them back to the origional page if the one they enter does not exist (the page&#039s are based in daemon running on NT machines and would only exist if the daemon is running) <BR>Hope I haven&#039t made this too confusing<BR>Thanks<BR>Mark

Default Request.ServerVariables way

After you do your checking to see if the file is there, then if it is not you can capture where the user came from with:<BR>...<BR>Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFE RER")<BR>...<BR><BR>Then use the redirect to send them back. So:<BR>...<BR>Dim PageTheyTyped<BR>Dim whereFrom<BR>PageTheyTyped = Request.Form("page")<BR>whereFrom = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>If PageTheyTyped False Then<BR>&#039the above line is only pseudocode!<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;Response.Redirect(where From)<BR>Else<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;Response.Redirect(Pag eTheyTyped)<BR>End If<BR>...<BR><BR>Hope this helps.