ADO RecordSet Sort Property

Thread: ADO RecordSet Sort Property

Ryan Magowan Guest

Default ADO RecordSet Sort Property

I have been trying to use an ADO recordset in the session object so that a user can search and then reorder his results without going back to the database. I have been trying to use the RecordSet sort method and have set the CursorLocation of the Connection and the RecordSet to 3 i.e client side cursor and the CursorType to adOpenStatic. When i call the sort method I get the following error:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004001&#039 <BR>Not implemented <BR><BR>The database I am using is Sybase and the ODBC driver is Sybase System 11. It seems that the ODBC does not support this functionality.<BR><BR>Any ideas would be appreciated<BR>Ryan

Default RE: ADO RecordSet Sort Property

It&#039s probably more efficient to keep hitting the database than to keep recordsets hanging around in Sessions. They chew a lot of resources when they&#039re open (especially if they&#039re still connected), plus because of threading issues this will lock all requests from that Session to a single thread. If that thread is busy doing something else that&#039s just tough - the user will have to wait.<BR><BR>Dunc