sleep() -ing from within an ASP page?

Thread: sleep() -ing from within an ASP page?

Default sleep() -ing from within an ASP page?

Hello,<BR>I would like to sleep() from within my asp page, does anyone know how I might manage this?

S Guest

Default RE: sleep() -ing from within an ASP page?

Can you please Explain me ..<BR>How do you SLEEP() ??? :-)<BR>(For people like us , who do not have C Background )<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default If you mean delay

Then, no, you can&#039t do it illogically in code.<BR><BR>You "could" cheat, by making a loop that does nothing, but that will bring the full fire of other programmers (myself included).<BR><BR>Perhaps you should tell us WHY you&#039re trying to delay the processor?

Default RE: If you mean delay

I know I can delay, and use 100% of the proc time, but I&#039m not terribly interested in doing such a thing. As for the previous question, a sleep() delays the execution of calling code by a certain time value. I am interesting in waiting for a response from a database from within my ASP page. the page works just as I&#039d like with the delay (from the user&#039s standpoint), but I can&#039t deal with the horrendously inefficient delay cycle.<BR><BR>

Default Free "sleep" component from ServerObjects

I *believe* that has a free component that will sleep for any specified time. I presume it simply does a thread sleep at the OS level. Pretty trivial, but nice to not have to write it.<BR><BR>