Any help appreciated

Thread: Any help appreciated

Lost in Functions Guest

Default Any help appreciated

the process I am trying to do is this:<BR>A user logs on, through a stored procedure the user is Identified and is or is not a member. If not a member the person is not allowed access. If a member there are three security levels to view items. Please tell me what you think about the code and all and any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!<BR>&#060;%<BR>Function GroupIdent<BR><BR>Set Con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Con.Ope n application("pmisconn")<BR><BR>Set groupcommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>groupcomma nd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>groupcommand.CommandText = "groupident_sp = &#039" & session("LogonUser")"<BR>Set RS = groupcommand.Execute()<BR>RS.MoveNext<BR>WEND<BR>c on.Close<BR>set con = nothing<BR>End Function<BR><BR><BR>&#039%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%<BR>&#039Function to determine required security level<BR>&#039%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%<BR>Function MemberIdent(SecurityLevel)<BR>Set Con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Con.Ope n application("pmisconn")<BR><BR>Set membercommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>membercomm and.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>membercommand.CommandText = "MemberIdent_sp"<BR>Set RS = membercommand.Execute()<BR>Rs.MoveNext

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Any help appreciated

I don&#039t know what you&#039re asking... are there errors?<BR><BR>Obviously, you have a WEND without a WHILE, so you should be getting some error.

Expected end statement. <BR>The error is occuring on the line:<BR><BR>groupcommand.CommandText = "groupident_sp = &#039" & session("LogonUser")""<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

You need to put a &#039 in between your last set of "".<BR><BR>groupcommand.CommandText = "groupident_sp = &#039" & session("LogonUser")"&#039"