index server probs

Thread: index server probs

Default index server probs

Hi heres the code <BR>strsearch1=Request.Form("txtSearchFor")<BR>res ponse.write strsearch1<BR><BR>&#039response.write """" & Request.Form("txtSearchFor") & """"<BR> Dim strSearch<BR> Set rsSearch = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR> &#039 create the connection string<BR> strConn = "Provider=MSIDXS; Data Source=Web"<BR><BR> &#039 construct the search string<BR> <BR> strSearch = "SELECT DocTitle, Path, FileName, Characterization, Size FROM SCOPE (&" & " WHERE FREETEXT (&#039" & strsearch1 & "&#039)"<BR> &#039 response.write "<BR> " & strsearch<BR> <BR> <BR> &#039 open the recordset on the search<BR> <BR>rsSearch.Open strSearch, strConn <BR><BR><BR>But I keep getting this error<BR><BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Index Server error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>Incorrect syntax near E. Expected &#039(&#039, _URL. SQLSTATE=42000 <BR><BR>/xeloda/QueryIndexServer.asp, line 48 <BR><BR><BR>I&#039ve checked the syntax and cannot see anything wrong - all the single quotes and stuff seem in the right place .... anyone know what i&#039m doing wrong or of any good articles on index server out there somewhere ? <BR>thanks ;)<BR><BR>

Karen Cherry Guest

Default RE: index server probs

I don&#039t believe that you should be referencing the E: drive. My site is referenced just by the directory name under the inetpub. You set the directory name when you created the catalog. You might also want to try naming the directory without periods, which can be mistaken for file extensions.