JavaScript error

Thread: JavaScript error

Leifi Guest

Default JavaScript error

I get this error message (line 3):<BR><BR>"The callee (server [not Server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalide.<BR>The call did not execute."<BR><BR>my function looks like this:<BR><BR>1. &#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>2. function logout() {<BR>3. window.opener.document.location.href="x.asp"<BR>4. window.close();<BR>5. }<BR>6. &#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>and the line where i call the script:<BR><BR>&#060;a href=&#039javascript: logout()&#039&#062;Logga ut&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>What might be wrong?<BR>

Default RE: JavaScript error

Leifi,<BR><BR>&#062; 3. window.opener.document.location.href="x.asp"<BR><B R>On this line in your JavaScript you are referring to the Window that opened the current window (opener) and trying to change it&#039s location to x.asp<BR><BR>2 Questions.<BR><BR>1/. Is the window that you are calling that function from a Child window?<BR><BR>2/. If so, is the window that opened the Child window still open?<BR><BR>There is an excellent tuturiol at called &#039Getting almost complete control of your windows&#039 - I would suggest reading that.<BR><BR>Once you get into the realm of Child / Parent windows you can start to lose sleep really easily, they&#039re not for the faint of heart.<BR><BR>By the way what browser are you using?<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Darren<BR>[ ]

Leifi Guest

Default RE: JavaScript error

Answers:<BR>1. Yes<BR>2. Yes<BR><BR>I use IE5.<BR><BR>I guess I have to read that tutorial but if you have any other suggestions or ideas, dont hesitate to post them here.

Terry the Tester Guest

Default This is just a test

Hello<BR> This is<BR> something<BR> that<BR> I<BR>&#060;p&#062;Simply had<BR> to<BR> <BR> SAY !!