ONE TIME File Transfer

Thread: ONE TIME File Transfer

Default ONE TIME File Transfer

hi,<BR>i have a list of user which are allowed access to download a file .Requirement of the application is as such that file should be downloaded only one time. I&#039m unable to figure out how can i detect that file has been downloaded by user .<BR>However once i get this i have a simple algortihm in mind.<BR>check the field before downloading file<BR>if true grant access other wise regect.<BR>i have searched alot and was unable to figure out the one time file transfer<BR><BR><BR>

ASPSnappy Guest

Default RE: ONE TIME File Transfer

You can try using <BR>Dim myVar<BR>myVar = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")<BR><BR>and then use myVar as you want. It will return the remote IP Address. For a list of Server variables find ServerVariables_vbscript.asp or ServerVariables_jscript.asp and run it.<BR><BR>HTH

Default RE: ONE TIME File Transfer

hi,<BR>When user starts downloading file, I log it to the database and check its accesse permissions too. I log his REMOTE_ADDR too. But the user was unable to download it comletely (session breaks) due to some reasons Low bandwidth etc. since his IP would be the same i cant assume that he has downloaded it .<BR>I want to know exactly some flag which client browser return when file is totally transfered to the user PC.<BR>