Displaying links from Database

Thread: Displaying links from Database

Adrian Guest

Default Displaying links from Database

Hi,<BR><BR>I have 3 fields in a database. (1) Name of Website (2)Category (3)URL. At the moment I&#039m displaying the Name of the Website (which is Clickable) and the Category using asp in my favourite links page. This is what the data in the "Name of the website" field looks like.<BR>&#060;a href="http://www.hotmail.com" target="_blank"&#062;Hotmail&#060;/a&#062;. At the moment I have the hotmail page opening in another window by using this field. As you can see this isn&#039t a very good idea as I have to update the database manually. Also I would like to open the webpage using a javascript popup window.<BR>Does anybody know how i can organise my links using this database but getting the link from the URL Field and when the link is clicked it will open in a popup window.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>Adrian

Default RE: Displaying links from Database

hang on - you&#039re storing the &#060;a&#062; tag in the database too?? what are you thinking? you have the URL there in the database, why not use it?<BR><BR>j

Adrian Guest

Default RE: Displaying links from Database

Atrax,<BR><BR>I want to use the url field but don&#039t know how to display the name and have it as a link.<BR><BR>Can you suggest anything,<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Adrian