Databases not allowing updates... HELP!

Thread: Databases not allowing updates... HELP!

Default Databases not allowing updates... HELP!

Someone changed something on my server and now none of my databases are allowing updating of recordsets... Anyone know what may have changed that the databases won&#039t allow updating?<BR><BR>This is the error that I am getting that appears where ever we try to update a database:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/main.asp, line 15<BR><BR>This appears on every one of my sites that happen to be this specific server... Can anyone help? please????<BR><BR>Dave

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: Databases not allowing updates... HELP!

Check the permmisions on the server , If they set to read only u can do the update or delete or insert.

Default NT users and permissions

I have just had the same problem and have worked around it but still am not exactly sure. My problem had to do with the NT security permissions. <BR><BR>Keep in mind that I&#039m not sure of what works, but here goes.<BR><BR>I moved my db file to the wwwroot folder and made sure the db file had "all" access set for the "Everyone" user. This has allowed me to use the update method of the recordset. It may not a good idea to have this as the security for a db, but at least I was able to get to the point where I knew it was a security issue. I&#039ll need to experiment to see exactly what permissions will allow the update method.<BR><BR>Good Luck!!