VB Components in IIS5

Thread: VB Components in IIS5

Frank-Ove Kristiansen Guest

Default VB Components in IIS5

Hi!<BR>Made a component based on Internet Transfer Control (inetctls) (the one posted on MS technet), registered it on a Windows NT 4 Web server along with the msinet.ocx component. This works just fine. <BR>Put this on a web server running Windows 2000, and your IIS crashes! Also, the component runs smooth on my test machine, which runs Windows 2000(SP1)+Visual Studio 6.0(SP4).<BR>Anyone got a solution? <BR>(I got a tip on checking out COM+. Anything there to use?)<BR><BR>Or, is there perhaps a way to compile this component to be compatible with Windows 2000/IIS 5.0?<BR><BR>Hope there&#039s someone who can help me...<BR><BR>Frank=)

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default RE: VB Components in IIS5

I would recommend :<BR><BR>a) trying to recompile in W2k (Pro&#124Server&#124Adv Server) - the closest config to your W2k server. I worked in a mixed Nt4.0/W2k shop and compatability and where you compiled was a problem. But b) is better...<BR><BR>b) The inet transfer control wasn&#039t intended for use in ASP (like so many other MS technologies that eventually got roped in doing ASP work). Migrate to the ServerXMLHTTP component - does a lot of what the inet control does. http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/110100-1.shtml<BR><BR>Richard

Default RE: VB Components in IIS5