Null value in Access Database

Thread: Null value in Access Database

Default Null value in Access Database

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039ve created a large form which enables my customers to submit an order for a product in my store. The contents of te form is sent to a database and my email address. It goes to the database so i can get a unique oreder no (autnumber) sent to my email address along with the order. If a text box in the form is left blank the following error occurs,<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Error in row <BR>/Addorder.asp, line 184 <BR><BR>Line 184 is "objRec.Update" which updates the database with the information entered in the form.<BR>How do i set access up to allow null fields.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Simon<BR>

Default RE: Null value in Access Database

Hi,<BR><BR>Im not sure if Access supports Nulls, but id convert any blanks into an empty string, and insert this as a blank field in the relevant entity of yours !<BR><BR>IQ

Adrian Guest

Default RE: Null value in Access Database

Simon,<BR><BR>I had a similar problem before. This can be solved by going into design view and change the Allow Zero Length option in the Field Properties to YES. This can be done for all of your fields.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Adrian