Thread: WScript.Shell

Murale Guest

Default WScript.Shell

I have tried to run the vbs file from the asp page i am getting a error. why it is so?<BR>i have written the asp script and as well as the error i encountered. Thanks in advance<BR><BR>ASP Script<BR>________________________________________ _______________________________<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR> <BR>Execname ="c:inetpubwwwrootapaxScheduleMail.vbs"<BR><BR> Set WShShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>RetCode = WShShell.Run(ExecName, 1,true)<BR><BR>if RetCode = 0 Then<BR> Response.Write "The script executed successfully."<BR>else<BR> Response.write "Oh bummer"<BR>end if<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>_____________________________ __________________________________________<BR>Erro r encountered<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 8002801d&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/apax/scheduleemail.asp, line 6 <BR><BR>Library not registered. <BR>

Default RE: WScript.Shell

WScript.Shell is not available to the ASP runtime. the reason you can access it from WSH is the fact that it&#039s part of WSH, basically. Seems like a bit of a pointless operation anyway, what are you attempting to do, and why don&#039t you just do it in the ASP script?<BR><BR>j