Hello,<BR><BR>I have searched long and far for an answer to this common error. There were 300 entries on aspmessageboard.com and over 100 on asp101.com forums. Microsoft has a KB article also (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/0/60.asp).<BR><BR>But, nobody seems to know the problem. I thought it had to do with an Access97 dbase running on Win2000/IIS5, but having created a new Access2000 dbase and tested it with a DSN determined that can&#039t be the problem. <BR><BR>...Here is the code...<BR><BR> Dim objConn<BR> Dim strSQL<BR> Dim objRS<BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=DSNmpstools"<BR> objConn.Open<BR><BR>...and here is the error...<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified<BR><BR>A DSN-less connection works fine, and the exact same setup on my Win98 machine works fine. I am not sure if Microsoft knows the answer as none of their suggestions in the above KB article resolve the conflict.<BR><BR>I am posting this in the moderated forum hoping it will get the attention of the ASP pros that run this forum. It definately seems to me an unresolved conflict.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Jordan