Error codes for record sets

Thread: Error codes for record sets

Hemant Guest

Default Error codes for record sets

If I insert or delete a record using a query , how I can know that the query execution was successful and didn&#039t report any errors. Also if there was any error , how can I know about it. As I haven&#039t worked much in database handling, please let me know about it.

Default RE: Error codes for record sets

If you are using JScript then look into the try ... catch block.<BR><BR>However if (as I do) you use VBScript as your scripting language then:<BR><BR>&#060;quote from Designing Active Server Pages, p.46&#062;<BR><BR>you can determine whether an error has just occurred by checking the number property of the Err Object. If no error has occurred, this property will equal zero. If an error has occurred, the property&#039s value will be unequal to (ie: greater or less than) zero.<BR><BR>&#060;/quote&#062;<BR><BR>Here is an example of using error handling on an ASP page:<BR><BR><BR>&#039Enable error handling for this page.<BR>On Error Resume Next<BR><BR>... Do something like open a connection and insert records<BR><BR>&#039Now we can check to see if an error occurred.<BR>If Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Insert some error handling code here.<BR>End If<BR><BR>Thats it!!!<BR><BR>Here is a useful link to the Err documentation on the MSDN site:<BR><BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Darren<BR>[ ]