Trouble updating certain db entries

Thread: Trouble updating certain db entries

Default Trouble updating certain db entries

Hello.<BR><BR>I&#039m trying to update an entry in a sql server 7 db with ado on win2000. When I update certain entries, I get this error:<BR>==<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E31)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired<BR>==<BR>I cannot seem to figure out why, but if I take the exact same entry and reproduce it again (other than the primary field as the index) I have no problem updating the field. I cant find anything helpful in msdn. Help!

gh Guest

Default RE: Trouble updating certain db entries

Do you have indexes on the fields in your where clause? If you run the EXACT same query in your query tool does it take a long time? <BR><BR>Something you can try: increase the CommandTimeout property of the Connection object to a larger number. Then you can run &#039sp_lock&#039, &#039sp_who&#039, etc in your query tool to look for database locks while the page is refreshing. It could be that a table is being locked. If the query is legitimately taking a long time, you can leave the larger timeout value.