Stopping a user from going back.

Thread: Stopping a user from going back.

Leifi Guest

Default Stopping a user from going back.

I was told that this code would stop the user from going emptying the cache and the user gets an &#039page expired&#039 message when he/she trys to go back...<BR><BR>but it doesnt work for me..anyone got any suggestions what might be wrong?<BR><BR>I place this code at top of my .asp page<BR><BR>&#060;%Option Explicit<BR>Response.buffer = true<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;

Default RE: Stopping a user from going back.

there&#039s a discussion on this on<BR><BR>j

Below is the answer to the same question posted earlier today and answered by Bill. Have not had a chance to fully test yet.<BR>************************<BR>Dunno whether I answered you or somebody else. Maybe we should make this one into another FAQ? <BR><BR>That warning appears when you refresh a page that has received *POSTED* info. If you don&#039t want it to appear, use METHOD=GET in the &#060;FORM&#062; on the prior page. <BR><BR>*********************<BR><BR>Check the threads for full Q & A<BR><BR>R<BR><BR><BR>

Default Not the same question...

...THIS one is already *IN* the ASPFAQs. Well, admittedly just as a pointer to the article on 4GuysFromRolla.<BR><BR>So I am only displeased that the original poster didn&#039t check the ASPFAQs before posting. (mild grin???)<BR>