I guess this would really be a performance question. I am getting ready to start another website and would like to have a central point of management for the the "frame". What I mean by frame is the stuff you include on every page (nav bar, copyright crap, etc.). <BR><BR>I have been using an #include file to do this, but have come to question this because of mixing html and asp (html&#062;then back to ASP&#062;then back to HTML, etc.). The other option is to use a common file with sub procedures to write out all of the frame. <BR><BR>Example with #includes where the html is written out:<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file="includes
avbar.asp" --&#062;<BR>&#039this also has the opening html tags in it<BR>&#060;%&#039then do my asp stuff..<BR>Do until RS.EOF<BR>Response.write a bunch of crap out<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file="includesfooter.asp" --&#062;<BR>&#039this has the close html tags and maybe a lower nav bar, etc.<BR><BR>OK, now using a sub procedure<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file="includescommon.asp" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Show_navbar()<BR>OpenDataConn ()<BR>OpenRS(stuff)<BR>Do Until RS.EOF<BR>Response.write a bunch of crap<BR>Loop<BR>CloseRS(stuff)<BR>CloseDataConn()< BR>Show_footer<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>In the second example, using the common.asp file there is a procedure that writes out the frame.<BR>Example...<BR>Sub WriteLine(strText) &#039Write the html<BR> Response.Write strText & vbCrLf<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub show_navbar<BR>Writeline ("html")<BR>Writeline ("head stuff")<BR>Writeline ("title stuff")<BR>Writeline ("nav bar stuff")<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Which way is better? (faster?)<BR><BR>I really would enjoy hearing how others are doing this...<BR>Thanks, <BR>DRUG_DEALER<BR>