Back Buttons - and Refresh AGAIN - REPOST of yeste

Thread: Back Buttons - and Refresh AGAIN - REPOST of yeste

Default Back Buttons - and Refresh AGAIN - REPOST of yeste

How do I get around this "security precaution"? <BR><BR>----------------------------- <BR>Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. <BR><BR>To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button. <BR><BR>------------- <BR><BR>As per the example in FAQ I have set response.expire etc etc <BR><BR>In the FAQ it states that as "the page is not being cached on the browser, the page will be reloaded when the user hits the back button" - This is not the case in IE5? <BR><BR>As usual what I am trying to do is to control the sequencing of an edit/update procedure. So the functionality is Ok, I just don&#039t want the user to have to use the F5 refresh. <BR><BR>Is it possible to refresh the screen automatically on receipt of this warning <BR>OR <BR>Can I replace this message screen with one of my own design? <BR><BR>Your advice would be greatly appreciated <BR><BR>Robin <BR><BR>

Default Same answer as a couple of days ago...

Dunno whether I answered you or somebody else. Maybe we should make this one into another FAQ? <BR><BR>That warning appears when you refresh a page that has received *POSTED* info. If you don&#039t want it to appear, use METHOD=GET in the &#060;FORM&#062; on the prior page.<BR><BR>I doubt there is anything you can do about the message, as it is a security measure used by the browser. <BR><BR>But if you really want to know, then go to the MS site that gives the full ugly internal details of MSIE. Don&#039t forget, the details may differ from browser version to version. I&#039d bet there are significant differences here between MSIE 4 and MSIE 5, for example.<BR><BR>Certainly there is nothing you can do from the server (ASP) end. If anything is possible, it would have to be done by controlling the browser.<BR><BR>