I have posted this in the Database Forum, thought I&#039d try here too&#062;&#062;&#062;<BR><BR>I have an .asp that needs to connect with a .mdb on a NTFS server from a Fat32 NT 4.0 running IIS 4.0 (sp4). I&#039m getting the following error (I&#039ll bet you&#039ve seen these before, but there&#039s a twist!) <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>Here&#039s the twist... The page generating this error is on our new production server. This page is an EXACT copy of a working page from development server. I have set up anonymous access rights EXACTLY the same way with both servers and I think I have set up any appropriate setting to be identical between the two servers. <BR><BR>One other note, the .mdb this page is attempting to connect with is on a server that does have permission requirements. If I move the connection to a server with no permission requirements it connects no problem. <BR><BR>All this would lead the reader to easily conclude that the permissions are incorreclty set on the production server, but they are identical to the working development server. The only difference I can detect is the ODBC drivers on the dev. server are 4.X and 3.5x on the production server. <BR><BR>This is 4 days of experimentation and frustration. Anyone out there think they have the answer?? <BR><BR>Thanks a ton. <BR>Bernie