Sorting Data - Yet again

Thread: Sorting Data - Yet again

Nathan Masek Guest

Default Sorting Data - Yet again

Man ... I have tried all sorts of things and I still can&#039t sort my data.<BR>The reason is I am using a Btrieve provider .... therefore I can&#039t use the objrs.sort method.<BR><BR>The only thing I can think of is changing the key field used to sort the data to the field that I want it sorted by.<BR>Is there any way I can change what key is used to sort the data?<BR><BR>- Thanks<BR>- Nathan Masek

MG Guest

Default RE: Sorting Data - Yet again

Are you using an SQL statement??<BR><BR>If yes then you can do this:<BR>"select * from tbl order by fld1, fld2 desc"<BR><BR>where the text after "order by" determines the sort.

Default Two Comments

First off, can you use native SQL&#039s ORDER BY clause? Like:<BR>SELECT * FROM TableName Order BY ColumName<BR><BR>Also, does GetRows work with this database? I would assume it does, since you are going through ADO, but I&#039ve never worked with anything but Access or MS-SQL, so I really can&#039t be certain. Anywho, if it does, you can read your Recordset into an array, sort the array, and then display the array. For info on sorting arrays, see:<BR><BR><BR>Happy Programming!