NT UserID & Pwd from asp

Thread: NT UserID & Pwd from asp

Default NT UserID & Pwd from asp

I want to access a NT Protected directory from an asp page and supply NT with the needed userID and Password from the asp page without the user seeing the NT UserID/Pwd screen and logging him on. Is it possible and how?<BR><BR>Reply appreciated. Take care.<BR>

keithadler@hotmail.com Guest

Default RE: NT UserID & Pwd from asp

First of all, if the user is authenticating off of your web site using anonymous access ... then just give the user you&#039re using for anonymous access read permission to the folder. If you&#039re using challenge and response or basic text it becomes a little tougher. First of all, you&#039ll need to create a COM object that handles everything for you. Please elaborate.

Default RE: NT UserID & Pwd from asp

The way it is going to work is<BR><BR>The Directories and the files on NT will have Basic authentication set, so if the user tries to go to the file directly, he cannot access it as he doesnot have the rights.<BR>I have a SQL Table of users with permissions to the directories. When the user logs into my application, i will check his rights and then redirect him to the particular file and supply NT with the default userID and Pwd at the background without the user noticing it.<BR><BR>Thanks for the interest.