Close a sessionID

Thread: Close a sessionID

Default Close a sessionID

In my app, I am allowing a user to submit a form based on his session.ID, well I want the session.ID to be reset every time the form is submitted. So I am wondering if I can:<BR><BR>AT TOP OF PAGE:<BR>IF session.sessionID ="" THEN<BR>Response.Redirect "to the beginiong of app"<BR>END IF<BR><BR><BR>&#060;form&#062;<BR>bla bla bla<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>END OF PAGE:<BR>session.sessionID = ""<BR><BR>Then when it redirects them back to the first page, will it populate the sessionID with a new one?

Default RE: Close a sessionID

I am new at all this myself, but this may be of some help...<BR><BR>On every page you should do:<BR><BR>&#062; databaseName.Close<BR>&#062; set databaseName = nothing<BR><BR>, otherwise, when you go to the next page, you&#039re starting up a new connection IN ADDITION to the old one.<BR><BR>Then, to log a user out of a session, use<BR><BR>session.destroy()<BR><BR>I hope I got the right end of the stick and that that is of some help.<BR><BR>

J Guest

Default Not really but thanks

Thanks for trying, I no you have to destroy a RS but that is not what I am asking. I need to know if it is possible to temporarily disable the