Help with DOM

Thread: Help with DOM

Steve Adamo Guest

Default Help with DOM

OK,.. I am really unfamiliar with the document object model, and I could use some help.<BR><BR>Here is my scenario:<BR><BR>I want to have a page with a "launch" button that will open a new browser instance (, but the catch is that I want to be able to send variables to the new window (so that I can generate different content in the new browser window, based on the launch buttons variables).<BR><BR>I think I have narrowed it down to having to capture variables inside the &#060;script&#062; tags, which call, but I am very unfamiliar with the document.formname.etc.etc. approach to collecting information.<BR><BR>If anyone can help me with my idea, I would really appreciate it.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Steve

Default not DOM

Browser object model<BR><BR>tag your variables onto the URL as key/value pairs<BR><BR>?var1=var1&var2=var2<BR><BR>extract these either with ASP or by parsing the variable<BR><BR>j

Steve Adamo Guest

Default Let me clarify a bit

OK,.. a little clarification is called for,... I will try to break down the layout of my entire asp page below:<BR><BR>&#060;opening vbscript language setting&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;various vbscript sub routines, form gathering routines, etc.&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;vbscript mixed with html to generate button, which calls below&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;open html tag&#062;<BR><BR>&#060; routine&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;if then statements calling various sub routines from above, one of which generates the launch button&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;close html tag&#062;<BR><BR><BR>ok,.. this is obviously VERY generic, but i wanted to layout my basic design,..<BR><BR>the problem comes when i try to send a variable from the subroutine to the script inside my head tags,.. the script cant seem to recognize them,..<BR><BR>please let me know if i should approach this from a completely different angle,...<BR><BR>just for additional emphasis, i need to have a button, that is generated with vbscript, that will spawn a new browser instance, and send variables to that new instance,...<BR><BR>thanks all!<BR><BR>Steve