Data size Constraints on ADO

Thread: Data size Constraints on ADO

Prakash Guest

Default Data size Constraints on ADO

I would like to know whether there is a limit on the size of the data, a recordset object can hold. I&#039ve been facing some problems with this. I have around 2000 records (300 kb). When i loop thru the recordset, at some point it&#039s failing and giving me weird errors. In each iteration i do a database update and add a couple of rows. Some of the error messages....<BR><BR>1) Oracle Error occured, Unable to retrieve the oracle error message.<BR><BR>2) Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. <BR><BR>I can interprept the second error. But the biggest problem is, lack of consistency. once every 10 runs, the program goes fine. <BR>(That&#039s quite a low probability of success).<BR>Please advice me on this...<BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Prakash <BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Data size Constraints on ADO

I guess you are saying that the errors are not consistant but have you tried it with the same sample data??<BR><BR>I really dont think there is a problem with ADO i will have to say it is a problem with your code<BR><BR>You can prove me wrond if you dont get the error consistantly with the SAME sample data

Prakash Guest

Default RE: Data size Constraints on ADO

Thanks for the reply. it&#039s the same data iam working with. <BR>